In the event of wet weather, a decision on whether the Sacred Heart Pymble oval is open for training will be made by the school by 2:30pm on Wednesday afternoons. Generally if Ku-ring-gai council grounds are closed, the Sacred Heart oval will also be closed. A club committee member or your team manager/coach will email the team and communicate via the normal channels to let you know.
WEEKEND GAME DAY WET WEATHER GUIDELINES
The following wet weather guidelines are from the NSFA website. For the most up to date closures, please check the NSFA website and/or consult the NSFA facebook page.
- Decisions on weekend ground closures are generally not made until Friday. Councils and schools assess their grounds and advise NSFA by 2:30pm which grounds are unfit to play. NSFA policy is to play as many matches as possible on any ground that is left open by councils and schools. A wet weather message will be communicated on the NSFA website by 5:00pm Friday.
- Grounds may also be closed on Saturday or Sunday mornings by clubs or referees if they deem the ground unfit to play. Every effort will be made to communicate these ground closures to teams via the NSFA website before teams leave for their match. However, this may not always be possible as these decisions are made based on weather conditions that can be variable across different parts of our association.
- Decisions on Sunday matches will be made as soon as practical. Often this will not be until late on Saturday afternoon. If the forecast for Sunday is looking more positive please do not assume that Sunday games are off if Saturday games are cancelled.
- Rain on the night before or on the morning of the match does not necessarily mean your match will be cancelled. We do not cancel games for rain. We only cancel games if the ground has been closed or is deemed unfit to play. If there are cancellations or postponements of matches, or matches are relocated, the NSFA website will be updated to reflect this. Please continue to check the draw as your game may be cancelled at one ground and relocated to another that is open for play in some circumstances.
- Mostly we would just ask players and parents to be patient. The weather cannot be controlled however, we will do our best to communicate early and often.
In accordance with duty of care and reference to the SMA Policy & Guidelines, Football NSW recommends that:
Games or training involving Adults should be postponed or cancelled at 37°
Games or training involving Children should be postponed or cancelled at 32°
See the Football NSW Weather Policies for further guidelines.