Sacred Heart Pymble Football Club (SHPFC) was formed in 1966 and then re-formed in 1968 originating out of the Catholic Convent School then located at the corner of Telegraph Road and Pacific Highway, Pymble.
With the schools move to the current location on the corner of Pacific Highway and Bobbin Head Road it was known as Mt. St. Bernard Soccer Club after the name of the School and the Convent. In 1975 the Club and School got its own ground which was donated by the Parish. This is where our junior playing group train & play today.
The club is now formally known as Sacred Heart Pymble Football Club. In 2011 we adopted the informal name of the “Lions”.
Each year we register over 200 players to our club. This group includes –
1. Mixed junior teams (boys & girls) from U6 through to U12 playing on Saturdays.
2. All girls teams G12, G14 & G16 playing on Sundays.
3. Competition teams from U13 through to U18 formed from current & former students of the School who have been joined by their friends.
4. An AA team of former students and their friends from the local area.
5. Men’s Squads in Over 35 and/or Over 45 competitions that have been playing together for years for fun and fitness!
In the off-season, the Sacred Heart Lions offer a strong showing in the local Summer Soccer Competitions.
The club has an active group of volunteers. In recognition of distinguished past & present service to the club the Management Committee nominates volunteers for Life Membership. We currently have four Life Members –
1. Jeff Kernahan (2011)
2. Jon Anstee (2013)
3. Les Fleming (2014)
4. Mike Penny (2021)